Minimum Information About Microarray Data Experiments (MIAME)
Hypertension has adopted the microarray data standard developed by the Microarray Gene Expression Data society (MGED). The journal now
requires that all authors including gene expression profiling (microarray) in their manuscripts submit a complete data set
to the National Center for Biotechnology Information's (NCBI) Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) database prior to manuscript submission.
It is mandatory that all papers using gene expression profiling data comply with the Minimum Information About Microarray
Experiments (MIAME) standard. The access to the GEO database is free and open for all, and the database is maintained by NCBI.
The standard ensures that sufficient information regarding methods and data analysis are provide to allow replication by other
The MGED Web site will request the following information:
- Experimental design detailing the parameters of the microarray hybridization experiment including the number of hybridizations, whether dye switching was utilized, and the use of any reference samples.
- Details of the samples including the tissue from which nucleic acids were extracted, the materials and methods used for extraction, and the labeling protocol.
- Hybridization procedures.
- Measurement data and specifications in the form of tab-delimited tables or Excel spreadsheets.
- Array design including complete details of the location and identification of each feature on the array, whether commercial or noncommercial, information on the design of the array, and the spotting protocols.